Welcome to the Scottish Country Dance Festival for 2017
Please read the syllabus carefully and ensure that your entries are submitted in time
- No person may compete in more than one team in any one class.
- A team must have 4 couples. See special note for class 17.
- Mixed teams must consist of 4 men/boys and 4 women/girls. See special note for class 17.
- Competitors in all classes must intimate on the entry form the name of the dance selected. No change of dance will be allowed.
- Except in SCD 16, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 29 each team to dance EIGHT times. Where two dances are set, couples one and two should dance the first dance and couples three and four the second dance. There will be a chord at the start and finish of both dances. See special note for class 17.
- In all classes where an age qualification is stated, the age to be taken as at 1st March 2017.
- OWN CHOICE dances must be selected from Books published by the RSCDS (not branches). See special note for class 17.
- OWN CHOICE dances in SCD 11, 12, and 14 must be 32 bars. OWN CHOICE dances in SCD 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 must be no more than 40 bars.
- An official accompanist is available for all classes with the exception of classes 18 & 19. These teams should provide their own music. A CD player will be available. A piano will not be available.
- THE TEACHER OF A TEAM MAY INDICATE TO THE ACCOMPANIST THE SPEED REQUIRED FOR THE DANCE.
- In the event of a single entry in any one class, an award will be given only if the competitor gains 82 marks or more. A full adjudication will be given each time.
- Certificates will be awarded as follows:- 90 marks and over Honours, 86–89 marks Very Good, 82–85 marks Good.
- Only First, Second and Third places will be announced by the adjudicator but copies of the adjudicator’s remarks are available to each team. These together with the Certificates should be collected at the end of the class. SCD 17 - Written adjudication will be given but no marks awarded. First place only will be announced. SCD 18 & 19 - These classes will not be marked. Helpful comments will be given.
- The adjudicator’s decision is final.
- The use of Recording and Video Equipment and Cameras of any kind is Not Permitted in the hall. This is because of legal and copyright restrictions.
Would teams from outwith Aberdeen please state on entry forms the earliest possible arrival time and also if your team(s) would be available to dance on a Saturday if necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: Changing facilities are extremely limited and mixed teams will not be offered separate rooms. It is recommended, where possible, that all dancers arrive dressed ready to perform.